2014/02/17

Evil Game Design Challenge

On Casual Connect 2014 in Amsterdam I had the chance to take part in an evil game design challenge. The goal was to take Minecraft and convert it into an evil but working f2p title. My contenders Ben Cousins and Laralyn McWilliams were tough challenges but I overcome them with rhetoric I guess. While Ben delivered the most professional design Laralyn viewed the experience from the players view and motivations - considering she has a strong MMO background that is logical.

We had similar designs simply because Minecraft is obvious to monetize but I think I won the "evil" part of it - which was the key of the challenge, right? Remember this isn't serious - its over the edge.

Somehow I can't insert the video here so I leave the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMXBSri_Ttc